Strategies. Best Practices. Today's PTA.
When To Meet
- Local unit PTAs must have General Membership meetings every year.
- Check your bylaws to see how many meetings are required each year for your PTA.
- General Membership meetings must have the required number of members present (quorum) to conduct business.
- Collaborate with your school to partner meetings with other key events to increase participation.
- Meeting dates are recommended as follows:
- Elementary Schools ~ 1st Tuesdays
- Middle Schools ~ 2nd Tuesdays
- High Schools ~ 3rd Tuesdays
Conducting Your Meetings
- The President (or designee) should always call the meeting to order.
- The Secretary (or designee) should always take meeting minutes, including the following:
- Meeting Date, Time, and Location
- Quorum Count (refer to your bylaws for the required minimum members that must be present)
- PTA Old/New Business (be sure to capture all decisions made)
- Important School Updates
- Upcoming PTA/School Events
- Action Items
- The President (or designee) should always adjourn the meeting.